Monday, August 19, 2013

Journey to a healthier me

Skinny is something I have always strived to be. I would cut calories and do as much cardio as I could. My main problem is that I don't like healthy food and I love to eat! I have always struggled with feeling fat.  At 30 years old now & a mom of 2 my priorites are shifting. I want to be a good role model for my children. It's not about being skinny anymore, its about being healthy! It's been about 6 weeks now since the birth of my second child. I am 5'6 and weigh 181 pounds. I no longer want to go on this back and forth diet. This constant roller coaster or losing weight and gaining weight is exhausting  I know I can do better! I am starting my journey to become healthy, strong & fit! I want to change my lifestyle so my children can learn the same. Growing up is hard when you have low self-esteem. You end up doing things to fit in that are all wrong. That is something I want to prevent for my children.  I don't want my daughter to ever hear me say anything about being fat or skinny. I want her to learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy. I want her to learn to take care of her body and to love herself; without worrying about what everyone else thinks.

 1 Cortinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have recieved from God? You were not your own; you were brought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies.

 I want the above scripture to me my motivation. I have begun to look at this scripture in a different light. God gave me this body and this life to live for him. If I destroy this body by poor health choices, I am in turn losing out on the life that God wants me to live. So I chose to eat healthy & exercise and treat the body he gave me with all respect. I want to live a full long life to take care of my children & fulfill all that God wants me to in this life.

 So through this blog I will document my journey. I promise to be honest. I know this is a struggle for so many other people so I hope I can be of some inspiration to others. So this is me 3 weeks ago. I have since gained 2 more pounds. This is my starting point!


No comments:

Post a Comment