Friday, December 13, 2013

Focus T25 Review

I completed Shaun T's Focus T25 and absolutely LOVED it!  I was very skeptical about trying an at-home fitness DVD.  I always loved going to the gym and found it hard to really focus at home.  However with two small kids and working full time getting to the gym is almost impossible.  I already hate leaving my kids for work so I didn't want to spend more time away from them at the gym.  What really attracted me to this workout program was that it was only 25 minutes a day!  I was blown away after my first workout!  I didn't think that I would be able to get a good workout in such a short period of time.  Not even 10 minutes into I was already sweating.  I knew I was getting a good workout in when I woke up sore the next day!

So in 10 weeks I went from 183 to 173.  10 pounds lost.  I was a little discouraged at first that I didn't lose more after seeing others losing 25 pounds or more.  However I am still very proud of my 10 pounds I lost.  T25 gives you great workouts.  It's only 25 minutes a day.  Being that it's only a 25 minute workout, you really have to FOCUS (hence the name) and give it your all.

T25 is a 10 week long program.  Its broken up into two parts- 5 weeks of Alpha Cycle and 5 weeks of Beta Cycle.  Each cycle has 5 workouts that rotate on a calendar provided.  I was nervous to move to the Beta Cycle since I still wasn't nailing all the Alpha workouts.  Beta was my favorite!   I loved incorporating weights into my workout.  The calendar has you scheduled to workout 5 days a week.  Friday is a double day where you complete 2 workouts.  Saturday is a day to do the bonus stretch video and Sunday is a rest day.  If you are unable to complete the double day on Friday, you can do one on Friday and the other on Saturday.  Since I had more time to workout on Saturday or Sunday, I would normally do my doubles on those days.

Like everyone I had days where I really didn't feel like working out.  Being only 25 minutes a day, I really had NO EXCUSES.  Once I hit play, within 5 minutes I was pushing myself to finish and nail the workout. Shaun T is a great trainer and keeps it entertaining.  I didn't get bored with the workouts.  I loved Tania who is the modifier.  Following her I was still getting a great workout.  And many times I NEEDED to follow her. She keeps it low-impact so that everyone can do the workouts.  When I started I couldn't do the "V Hold" at all.  Within a few weeks I could!  I also can do a few push-ups now.  I felt stronger everyday.

Nutrition really goes hand in hand with the program.  You can't just workout for 25 minutes and eat C.R.A.P. all day.  A meal plan is provided, which I regretfully tossed to the side.  I know the reason I didn't lose more weight was because I didn't follow the nutrition guide.  I did change my diet a little.  I was eating healthier meals and drinking Shakeology.  Every morning I would drink my shake and it gave me energy and helped me eat smaller portions.   My "cheat meal" however would become a "cheat day", or worse a "cheat weekend".  All the hard work I would put into my 25 minutes a day I would ruin by not controlling my eating.  Nutrition has always been my downfall, which I have confessed before.

All in all T25 is the perfect workout for all fitness levels.  The #1 reason people don't workout is because they don't have enough time.  EVERYONE can find 25 minutes in their day.  It's not about finding the time, its about putting in the work.  You can wake up just 30 minutes earlier.  Give up a little TV time in the evening to get it done.  Learn from my mistake and make sure you follow through on the nutrition aspect!  Remember it's 70% diet and 30% exercise.

If you are ready to put the excuses down and make a change, I would love to coach you through this program.  You can go to www.beachbodycoach.com/SarahDellaV and click JOIN.  Order the Challenge Pack that includes the 10 workouts + a bonus workout, 30 day supply of Shakeology (your choice of flavor), and meal plan.  Contact me for more info!


No comments:

Post a Comment